Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Air Force's New Intelligence Chief Explains Vision for Future of ISR | Military.com

Air Force's New Intelligence Chief Explains Vision for Future of ISR | Military.com: Like her nickname, Lt. Gen. VeraLinn "Dash" Jamieson is taking her ideas for the Air Force intelligence community and running with them -- full speed ahead.

Jamieson -- who in November became the service's deputy chief of staff for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance on the Air Staff at the Pentagon, known as the A2 -- has begun a developmental phase she believes will take intelligence gathering, and ISR missions involving platforms such as the MQ-9 Reaper, the Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS), and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, well into 2030.

"I think [what] I'm actually addressing, I'm starting with the 'I' in ISR," Jamieson said in an interview with Military.com on Feb. 15. "I came up with a vision that encompasses where I think we are, and how do we support the [Air Force's] strategic master plan, the [defense] secretary's national strategy, and address our [major command] concerns. I'm a simple person: Win today, prepare for tomorrow. And I thought all of the airmen could understand, 'What does that mean?' [The plan] addresses how do we enable and become successful in today's fight, while not ignoring tomorrow's ... [threats]."